personnal data: définition
When using our website, we may ask you to provide us with personal data.
The expression “personal data” refers to all the data that allows an individual to be identified by aggregating several data. These include your last name (s), first name (s), e-mail address, telephone number (s), order information, and any other information that we may request from you that you choose to provide.
Informations we collect
We collect various types of information in connection with the Services, including:
- 1. information you provide to us directly;
- 2. information we relating to your use of our Services;
- 3. information we obtain from third party sources (such as social networks).
We may also ask for your consent to collect information or separately notify you about how we collect your personal information.
Some Services allow you to submit information directly to us. For example:
1. If you order a paid product or service from us, in order to process your order, we will ask you to provide your first and last name, contact information and / or shipping and billing addresses.
2. If you contact us to discuss a product or service, ask a question or make a complaint, we will collect information about you and the service you request.
We may also receive information about you through third-party social networks when you choose to connect with these services.
Information you provide when you create an account or make a purchase:
- 1. Your name
- 2. Your contact informations (such as your email address, mailing address and phone numbers)
- 3. Your password
- 4. Your payment information is not shared with us, but is handled by the payment platforms.
Cookies are small text files in alphanumeric format deposited on the hard disk of the Internet user by the server of the visited site or by a third party server. A cookie is generally considered to recognize a visitor when they return to a website. When you use a web browser to access the Services, you can set your browser to accept or reject all cookies, or to notify you when a cookie is sent. Our site will notify you and you can choose to accept or decline them.
If you have an account and log into this site, a temporary cookie will be set to determine whether your browser accepts cookies. It does not contain any personal informations and will be automatically deleted when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will set a number of cookies to store your login information and screen preferences. A login cookie lasts for two days and a screen preference cookie lasts for one year. If you check “Remember me”, your login cookie will be retained for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookie will be deleted.
When editing or publishing an article, an additional cookie will be stored in your browser. This cookie does not include any personal data. It simply indicates the identifier of the article you just edited. It expires after one day.
EMBEDDED CONTENT FROM OTHER WEBSITES
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles,…). Embedded content from other websites behaves the same ways as if the visitor were on that other website.
STATISTICS AND AUDIENCE MEASUREMENTS
Information collected automatically:
- 1. Your IP address
- 2. The device and web browser you are using
- 3. Data transmitted by applications you may download from our website
- 4. The date and time of your visit to our website, as well as the way you use it and access its content
- 5. Your purchase and payment history (if applicable)
If you are registered as a customer, we associate this automatically collected data with others.
SOCIAL NETWORK PLUNGINS
Our Services use social network plugins. When you use a Service containing Plugins, information from your device may be transferred directly to the operator of the relevant social network. We have no influence on the data collected by the Plugin. If you are connected to a social network, your use of our Service may be mentioned on your network account. If you interact with the Plugins, for example by clicking “Like”, “Follow” or “Share” or by entering a comment, this information may be automatically displayed on your social network profile.
USE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We use the information we collect about you for the following purposes:
- 1. To fulfill your order and provide related customer service;
- 2. To maintain, improve and administer our website;
- 3. To inform you of products and services that may be of interest to you;
- 4. To provide co-branded offers with our partners;
- 5. To enhance or customize your online experience, our services and the way we communicate with you;
- 6. To identify and prevent fraudulent use;
- 7. To improve the security of our network and our information systems;
- 8. To better understand how our visitors use our website, and to determine the effectiveness of our advertisements and campaigns.
TRANSMISSION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We do not pass on this data on to any organization or third party.
DURATION OF STORAGE OF YOUR DATA
We only keep your personal information for as long as it is needed to fulfill the purposes for which it was provided or because we are legally required to do so.
For users who register on our website, we also store the personal data indicated in their profile. All users can view, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except for their username). The managers of the site can also see and modify this information.
Concerning possible canvassing operations and in accordance with the legislation in force, your data may be kept for a period of three (3) years from the end of the commercial relationship.
At the end of this three (3) year period, we may contact you again only to find out if you wish to continue receiving commercial solicitations.
Personal data relating to a prospect, who is not a customer, may be kept for a period of three (3) years from the date of collection or the last contact from the prospect.
With regard to the management of lists of opposition to commercial prospecting, the information enabling your right of opposition to be taken into account is kept for a minimum of three (3) years from the exercise of the right of opposition.
With regard to audience measurement statistics, the information stored in the users’ terminal or any other element used to identify users and allowing their traceability or attendance will not be kept beyond thirteen (13) months.
The financial transactions relating to the payment of purchases and fees are entrusted to payment service providers who ensure the smooth running and security, the companies STRIPE or PAYPAL, (the “payment provider”). The provider collects and keeps, during the time of your registration on the platform and at least until the moment you carry out your last transaction, in our name and on our behalf, your personal data relating to your bank card numbers. We do not have access to this data. By checking the box expressly provided for this purpose on the platform, you give us your express consent to this storage.
The data relating to the visual cryptogram or CVV2, registered on your bank card, are not stored.
Upon proof of your identity and if the conditions for exercising these rights are met, you may exercise your right of access, right of rectification, right of deletion, right to limit processing, right of opposition, right to lodge a complaint with the CNIL and your right to define the fate of your data after your death by contacting STRIPE or PAYPAL, or by contacting us directly.
In any event, your data may be kept for thirteen (13) months following the date of debit, for evidential purposes in the event of a possible dispute over the transaction in accordance with Article L.133-24 of the Monetary and Financial Code. This period may be extended to fifteen (15) months in order to take into account the possibility of using deferred debit cards.
Other financial data (for payments, refunds, etc.) are kept for the period of time required by applicable tax and accounting laws.
YOUR RIGHTS TO YOUR DATA
If you have an account on the website, you may request to receive a file containing all the personal data we have about you, including data you have provided to us. You may also request the deletion of personal data. This does not include data stored for administrative, legal or security purposes.
TRANSMISSION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Visitor comments can be checked using an automated spam detection service.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR DATA
We limit access to your information to only those within the company who need to use it. We have physical and electronic safeguards and procedures designed to help us maintain the privacy of your personal information. For example, we use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption technology to encrypt your payment card information when you purchase products from our website.
YOUR RIGHTS TO ACCESS AND CONTROL THE USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION:
You have the right:
- 1. to access your personal information;
- 2. to unsubscribe from our marketing activities or withdraw any consent you have given us;
- 3. to request a copy of the personal information we process;
- 4. to request correction of your Personal Information;
- 5. to require the deletion of your personal information (or its amendment in such a way that you are no longer identifiable) or to limit the ways in which we may use your personal information (but in both cases only in specific circumstances as provided by law);
- 6. to lodge a complaint with the data protection authority in your country.
To exercise any of the rights listed above, you may contact our customer service department. To do this, you can send us an email or call us.
Finally, you can also make your request by contacting us in writing. Please include your name, e-mail address, mailing address and telephone number, as well as your specific request. Even if you choose to be on the e-mail refusal, call refusal and/or mail refusal lists, we may still send you messages through one of these channels regarding your orders, your account or other administrative purposes.